We are currently recruiting for a Management Accountant (Operations), offering a salary between £35,000 – £40,000 based in Hertford. This is a Permanent position with Blue Square.
This is the perfect role if you want the opportunity to:
• Work with a leading brand with ongoing development and career opportunities
• Get full training and ongoing support to enable you to fulfil your role to the best of your potential
Blue Square (part of the Brand Partnership Group) was founded in 2009, with a core belief that the human touch and innovative technology could help brands engage with their customers, growing sales and increasing loyalty. Since then, we have developed the business to become an award-winning brand engagement agency, working with some of the most successful brands on the planet.
Operating across the UK to pioneer brand engagement by connecting people, technology, and data, whilst championing sustainable partnerships for an ever-evolving world.
In this role, you will take ownership for supporting the budgeting, forecasting and strategic planning as well as the month and year end consolidation. You will be a key point of contact in the Finance function for stakeholders across the business in understanding budgets, financial analysis, and our reporting systems. This is a pivotal role in ensuring the effective ongoing management of our business accounts, forecasting to shape the future success of the business.
• Building and maintain excellent relationships with the client teams and internal teams at Head Office.
• Maintain an expert understanding of your client teams, structures, and budgets.
• Responsible for all financial reconciliations for client activity, ensuring costs are recorded accurately.
• Month end journal preparation and posting for operations side of the P&L.
• Responsibility for revenue accounting.
• Assisting management accounts team with month end postings and balance sheet recs including.
• Monthly reporting of client actuals against budget with variance analysis.
• Key contact for our client Services Directors, ensuring they have clear understanding of monthly actuals, POs, budgets, and invoicing status.
• Providing timely quotations to the client team.
• Maintain a costing model to ensure quotations are accurate.
• Responsible for raising and submitting invoices with detailed support (low volume).
• Maintaining a key relationship with our client’s finance team to ensure cash management and debtor’s targets achieved.
• Assisting with cash flow forecasting.
• Debtor reporting.
Skill, Experience & Attributes
• Willing to embrace, live and embed our ETHIC values; Excellence, Together, Heart, Integrity & Curious – instilling confidence, clarity, and collaboration
• Strong attention to detail
• Great organisational skills.
• Adaptable and flexible.
• Ability to multitask.
• Positive attitude in high-pressure situations.
• Ability to manage and prioritise workload effectively.
• Pro-active and able to work off own initiative.
• Detail orientated, analytical and a solution-based thinker.
• Good time management skills.
• Part or fully qualified CIMA/ACCA or similar qualification, with the expectation to obtain full qualification
• Advanced excel knowledge to include pivot tables and v-lookups
What’s in it for you?
• Salary: £35,000 – £40,000 pa
• Bonus: Accelerator Bonus
• Perkbox & Perkbox freebies
• Perkbox Medical & EAP
• Company Sick Pay
• Life Assurance: 4 x annual salary
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
We aim to ensure that all applicants are provided with the same opportunities during the recruitment processes, to that end, we strive to comply with the duties placed upon us to make reasonable adjustments as prescribed by equalities legislation. We encourage people to reach out to our Recruitment team to discuss any reasonable adjustments or additional support by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org